1. To bungle something or make a mistake. Boy, I really goofed up that math problem. How did I get a negative number as my answer?
2. To cause someone to bungle something or make a mistake. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "goof" and "up." There was a mistake in her notes that really goofed me up and caused me to get a negative number as my answer.
1. mod. messed up; out of order. All my papers are goofed up.
2. mod. confused; distraught. I was up too late last night, and now I’m all goofed up.
3. mod. high on drugs. Bob’s a little goofed up after partying too much.