go around doing
1. To bypass something by taking an indirect path. Go around to the back if the front door is locked.
2. To circumvent someone or something. I tried to go around Dad by asking Mom for permission, but she wasn't fooled. Is there a way to go around the security protocol?
3. To be able to be shared among a group of people. I don't want to take more green beans if there's not enough to go around.
4. To do something regularly. She just goes around thinking that everyone will love her as much as she loves herself.
5. To circulate. I'm not leaving the house if the flu is going around!
6. To rotate. The baby's been having a great time watching the Ferris wheel go around.
go around doing something
to move around doing something. She keeps going around telling lies about me. Please stop going around knocking things over. She goes around helping whomever she can.