References in periodicals archive ?
In accepting his pointy, gold-plated gewgaw honoring the highest achievements in the television arts, Andy Samberg (accepting on behalf of his collaborator Justin Timberlake) declared, "It's safe to say that when we first set out to make this song, we were all thinking, 'Emmy
ee karAoke cAEsar shillelAGH tAOIseach bE sEA ocrEAE BEAUchamp bEE sEEing vEHicle seize LEIGH recEIPt pEOple mESne diocESEs gEWgaw kEY honEYEd kIwI minutzIAE chIEf mlHrab torII komIJne [kaas] coutIL canaILLE grenouILLES debris bruit [grand] prIX dahabIYeh fjord kopJE fOEtus onomatopOEIa chamOIs (pl.
Lewis, lobbed a bauble in the New Year Gewgaw List, captained Glamorgan to their second county championship in 1969.
Beck, who (often in collaboration with Julie Ault) has long been engaged in plumbing the material, historical, and ideological specificities of exhibition practices, structures his own as a kind of hymnal to the detail par excellence: not just connections but literal connectors (system connector joints, a type of utilitarian gewgaw that links together other mass-produced parts, to be precise), which came into widespread use in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
As awards shows go, the Grammys have the right idea: Concentrate on putting on a spectacle, and if you absolutely must give out a gold-plated gewgaw from time to time, well, then, these things happen.
But as realized, Pastor's unnatural natural disaster is both less portentous and less pat, exploding optimistically upward and outward in a sparkly gewgaw rush.
I offer a copy of this list at my seminars, and there's always one participant who tells me the only thing not on the list is the semi-truck required to haul all the gear, gadgets and gewgaws on it.
It was almost as if a basic shape was decided on early in the design process and then all the details and extraneous gewgaws were pared back.
However, irrespective of their gewgaws, security should be given top priority in order to separate the grain from the chaff.
Beguiling for other reasons is the De Chirico House-Museum on Rome's Piazza di Spagna, where the artist lived for his last three decades: a high bourgeois Roman apartment hung with the artist's late works, which only stutters to life in the kitschy gewgaws and lucky charms that are scattered around the restored studio.
When these gewgaws arrive in Karinson's hands they have already been lost or discarded.
Far from supporting the image of him as a cool, cerebral manipulator of shiny consumer goods, the consistent appearance in the exhibition of such materials as linoleum and other decorative surfacings like patterned wallpaper underscored how many of his works look like the products of an overeager interior decorator with questionable taste, let loose in a succession of thrift stores and down-market home-goods emporiums--hence the proliferation of knickknacks, gewgaws, tchotchkes, and trinkets of all sorts, perched on often crudely assembled shelves.
Nor are the would-be crosswearers' cases helped by the foolish women who don't realise the significance of the cross and use them as gewgaws.
A few years ago, the AFA and other groups found they could make a tidy sum hawking "save Christmas" gewgaws to their gullible followers.
He is a man that ought to know something of the world, and past being duped by gewgaws and tinsel.
Idioms browser ?
- get with the program
- get with the times
- get wits about one
- get wrong
- get you?
- Get your ass over here!
- get your bait back
- Get your buns over here!
- Get your butt over here!
- Get your head out of the clouds!
- Get your nose out of my business!
- gets one right here
- gets religion
- Getting any?
- getting on
- getting on in years
- getting on toward
- getting there
- getting there is half the fun
- ghetto bird
- ghetto blaster
- ghetto booty
- ghetto box
- ghetto sled
- ghost of a chance
- ghost someone
- ghost town
- ghost turd
- ghost writer
- ghostly presence
- GI can
- Giddy up!
- gift horse
- gift of gab
Full browser ?
- Gewerkschaft Der Eisenbahner
- Gewerkschaft Der Eisenbahner Deutschlands
- Gewerkschaft Der Gemeindebediensteten
- Gewerkschaft der Polizei
- Gewerkschaft der Privatangestellten
- Gewerkschaft der Versorgungsverwaltung
- Gewerkschaft Deutscher Lokführer
- Gewerkschaft Holz und Kunststoff
- Gewerkschaft Metall Bergbau Energie
- Gewerkschaft Metall-Textil-Nahrung
- Gewerkschaft Naturkost Landwirtschaft Lebensmittelindustrie
- Gewerkschaft Öffentliche Dienste, Tranport und Verkehr
- Gewerkschaft Öffentlicher Dienst
- Gewerkschaft Textil Chemie Papier
- Gewerkschaft, Erziehung und Wissenschaft
- Gewestelijk Bestemmingsplan
- Gewestelijk Onderwijs en Advies Centrum
- Gewestelijke Economische Raad voor Vlaanderen
- Gewestelijke Investerings Maatschappij Vlaanderen
- Gewestelijke Ontwikkelingsmaatschappij Limburg
- GEWEX Asian Monsoon Experiment
- GEWEX Asian Monsoon Experiment - Tropics
- Gewex Atmospheric Boundary Layer Study
- GEWEX Cloud System Study
- GEWEX Continental-Scale International Project
- GEWEX Hydrometeorological Panel
- Gewex Radiation Panel
- GEWEX Water Vapor Project
- Gewichtheber Verband Schleswig Holstein
- Gewinn- und Verlustrechnung
- Gewinn-Und Verlust
- Gewone Commanditaire Vennootschap