Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. verb, rude slang To mess up or ruin something. The threat of a hurricane really fucked up our vacation plans! Boy, you really fucked up this engine. When was the last time you got your oil changed?
2. verb, rude slang To fail or malfunction. The printer fucked up last night so I still haven't printed my report.
3. verb, rude slang To be intoxicated. You guys were really fucked up at the party last night. Do you remember anything at all?
4. adjective, rude slang Messed up or ruined. Boy, this engine is really fucked up. When was the last time you got your oil changed?
5. noun, rude slang One who is apt to mess up or ruin something. The phrase is usually hyphenated in this usage. Of course he ruined his car engine in a month —he's a real fuck-up.
6. noun, rude slang A complete mess. The phrase is usually hyphenated in this usage. This drawer is a total fuck-up—why are hairspray, batteries, and spoons all in here together?
mod. messed up; confused; ruined. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) This whole project is so fucked up, it’ll take months to straighten out.