Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
fuck up somebody(rude) also fuck somebody up
1. to harm someone Then he got into drugs and fucked himself up.
2. to upset someone very much She's been really fucked up since her parents' divorce.
fuck (something) up(rude) also fuck up (something)
1. to do something very badly I asked you to buy some milk and bread - how could you fuck that up?
2. to damage something He made a number of bad decisions and really fucked up the company.
1. Ruin, botch, spoil. For example, Don't tell me you're going to fuck up again. It is also put as be fucked up, meaning "be ruined or spoiled," as in This entire project is fucked up. This vulgar usage dates from the early 1900s but did not become widespread until about 1940.
2. Act carelessly or foolishly, mess up, as in I'm sorry, I really fucked up when I invited them. [ Vulgar slang; c. 1940]
3. Break down, fail, as in If the flash mechanism fucks up again, I won't get a picture. [ Vulgar slang; c. 1980]
4. be fucked up. Be very confused or mentally ill; also, intoxicated. For example, He was so fucked up they had to hospitalize him, or What a party-I sure got fucked up. [ Vulgar slang; 1940s]
in. to mess up; to fail. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) Don’t fuck up this time or you’re fired.