References in periodicals archive ?
The rise of the Islamists showed that persecution can be overcome with persistence, particularly if you forswear violence, as the group has done for many years now.
If Charles had not been forced to forswear Camilla, he would have had a happy life and Diana might be alive.
Any Palestinian unity government must publicly and formally forswear terrorism, accept Israel's right to exist, and reaffirm previous agreements made with Israel," it says.
Yet even that bloody history might be surmountable if Hamas would make clear once and for all that it intends to forswear violence, negotiate a deal and live in peace alongside Israel.
This crude practice is the first thing the Kan administration must forswear.
By staying outside the 1970 Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), Israel has not had to forswear nuclear arms nor admit international inspectors to its Dimona reactor, which experts believe has produced plutonium for between 80 and 200 warheads.
That MOA obligated them to forswear use of diesel fuel in hydraulic fracturing fluids injected into coalbed methane production wells in underground sources of drinking water.
Forgiveness (at least on "the now standard view") teaches that there may be reasons to forswear even an appropriate resentment.
First, attorneys with pending claims who accept the settlement have to forswear future claims.
Our new Chancellor, Alistair Darling, rushed to forswear a "knee-jerk" reaction to tax abuses in private equity.
But Olmert told him Sunday that "Israel will not cooperate with any Palestinian government or any part of a Palestinian government" that clings to Hamas' refusal to recognize the Jewish state, forswear violence and accept previous Arab-Israeli agreements, an Israeli official said.
The seed industry has mounted a campaign to press legislators to forswear their support even before the measure receives a hearing.
I doubt I'll have the wit of someone like the philosopher Voltaire who, when asked on his deathbed to forswear Satan, remarked 'This is no time to make new enemies.
Then I was sent before an officer of the court, who instructed me to raise my right hand and forswear allegiance to Great Britain.
The continual twisting of the knife executed by the Israelis will not make the Palestinians throw up their hands in despair and forswear violence.
Idioms browser ?
- forgive and forget
- forgive for
- fork out
- fork out the dough
- fork over
- fork over the dough
- fork some money out
- fork something over
- fork the fingers
- Fork you!
- forked tongue
- forlorn hope
- form an opinion
- form and substance
- form from
- form into
- form out of
- form up
- fortune favors the bold
- Fortune favors the brave
- fortune favours the brave
- fortune is smiling (up)on (someone)
- fortune smiles (up)on someone
- fortune smiles on somebody
- Forty acres and a mule
- forty minutes of hell
- forty ways from Sunday
- forty ways to Sunday
- forty winks
- foul ball
- foul mouth
- foul one's nest
Full browser ?
- Forster, Johann Reinhold
- Forster, John
- Forster, Richard
- Forster, William Edward
- Forsterite Refractory Products
- Forstner bit
- Forstner bit
- Forstner bit
- Forsvarets Efterretningstjeneste
- Forsvarets Etterretningstjeneste
- Forsvarets Forsknings Institutt
- Försvarets Forskningsanstalt
- Forsvarets Kompetansesenter for Internasjonal Virksomhet
- Forsvarets Kompetansesenter for Logistikk
- Forsvarets Logistikk Organisasjon
- Försvarets materielverk
- Forsvarets Operative Hovedkvarter
- Forsvarets Overkommando
- Försvarets Radioanstalt
- Forsvarets Sikkerhetstjeneste
- Forsvarets Sivile Tjenestemenns Landsforbund
- Forsvarets Spesial Kommando
- Försvarsmaktens Logistik
- Forsyte, Fleur and Jon
- Forsyte, Irene, and Philip Bosinney
- Forsyte, June
- Forsyth Christian Home Educators
- Forsyth Country Day School
- Forsyth County
- Forsyth County Chamber Of Commerce
- Forsyth County Emergency Medical Services
- Forsyth County Environmental Affairs Department
- Forsyth County Public Library System
- Forsyth County Republican Women
- Forsyth County School System