Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to fixed: Fixed stars, fixed cost
fixed for life
Having enough money to live one's life easily and comfortably. Steve was fixed for life after winning the lottery.
provided with a date. Sam got fixed up with Martha. Okay, Sam is fixed up with a date for Saturday.
How is someone fixed for something?
Is there enough of something? How are you fixed for ketchup? Do you have enough for the picnic?
well-heeledand well-fixed; well-off
Fig. wealthy; with sufficient money. My uncle can afford a new car. He's well-heeled. Everyone in his family is well-off.
rich You need to be well-heeled to be able to afford to shop there.
1. mod. doped; intoxicated. Frank is comfortable now that he’s fixed.
2. mod. bribed. The cop is fixed and won’t give you guys any trouble.
3. mod. having the outcome prearranged. (Said of a contest, race, or election.) The election was fixed, and we are going to protest.
4. mod. neutered. I wouldn’t buy anything but an already-fixed dog.
mod. provided with a date. Okay, Sam is fixed up with a date for Saturday.
1. mod. rich. His father died and left him pretty well-fixed.
2. and well-healed mod. alcohol intoxicated. You might say he is well-heeled. You might say he’s dead drunk, too.