fix(redirected from fix them)
1. Sl. a dose of a drug or narcotic. (*Typically: get ~; have ~; give someone ~; need ~.) The addict badly needed a fix and was very fidgety.
2. an appropriate repair. Do you have a good fix for a leaky faucet?
Sl. to pay money in secret to have something turn out the way you want. The Boss fixed all the horse races in the county. After the gun-control bill failed to pass, there were rumors that the gun lobby had fixed the legislature.
1. and fix-up n. a dose of a drug, especially for an addict who is in need of drugs. (Drugs. It fixes the suffering of withdrawal.) It was clear that the prisoner needed a fix, but there was nothing the cops would do for him.
2. in. to buy a dose of drugs; to take drugs. (see also fixed. Drugs.) Frank had to fix before he could even talk to me.
3. tv. to castrate or spay an animal, especially a pet. (see also fixed. Jocularly of people.) Sally suggested that someone ought to fix Beavis—if he isn’t already.
4. n. a bribe. (see also fixed.) Rocko never took a fix in his life.
5. tv. to influence the outcome of a contest or an election. (see also fixed.) Sam knows what it takes to fix an election—cash.
6. n. a scheme to influence the outcome of a contest or an election. Something is wrong with this game. I smell a fix.
7. n. a repair made to a computer program. (Computers.) This little fix should make the whole program run faster.
8. n. a cure for a social ill. (see also quick fix.) There is no easy fix for a problem like this.
- a quick fix
- be in a fix
- be out of fix
- cop a fix
- fix (someone)
- fix an animal
- fix for
- fix on
- fix over
- fix someone's wagon
- fix up
- fix wagon
- fix with
- fixing to die
- get (one's) fix (of something)
- get (someone) out of a fix
- get a fix
- get a fix (of something)
- get a fix on
- get out of a fix
- have a fix on (something)
- help (someone) out of a fix
- If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
- If it ain’t broke, fix it till it is
- if it ain't broke don't fix it
- if it ain't broke, don't fix it
- in a fix
- lock onto
- out of fix
- quick fix
- the fix is in