Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to extend to: stick to, stave off, sort out, follow suit, get through, call on, bring down, holding up
extend something to something
1. . to lengthen something to reach something. We extended the antenna to its full length. Extend your arm to the wall and see how straight you can make it.
2. to push a stated deadline further into the future. I will extend the deadline to Friday. We cannot extend the due date to next month.
extend to someone or something
to reach all the way to someone or something. This policy extends to you also. The road extends to Los Angeles.
1. To stretch out to some point: The road extends to the next city.
2. To lengthen or prolong something to some point: We extended the table's legs to raise its height. I'd like to extend my holiday to the weekend.
3. To include someone or something in a sphere of influence: These rules extend to applications submitted before this morning.
4. To offer something to someone: Extend my best wishes to your family.