Also found in: Acronyms.
1. slang A useless drunkard. Sometimes hyphenated. This part of town is filled with addicts and rumdums. That old rum-dum hasn't held down a job in over 10 years. He's been too busy roaming from bar to bar.
2. A very stupid, bumbling, incompetent person. Sometimes hyphenated. I can't believe they appointed that rumdum to run the company. This device is so simple that even rum-dum like me can use it.
slang Someone who is very stupid. Can you believe that dum-dum is still pushing the door marked "pull"?
rumdumand rum-dum (ˈrəmˈdəm)
1. n. a drunkard; a ruined alcoholic. I don’t want to end up like a dirty rum-dumb.
2. n. a stupid person. Hey, rumdum, wise up and do what you are told.
3. mod. alcohol intoxicated. The old lady got rumdum on gin.