cruise(redirected from cruised)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
cruise around in something
to drive or ride around in something. Would you like to cruise around in a car like that? They really liked cruising around in the motorboat.
cruising for a bruisingand cruisin' for a bruisin'
Sl. asking for trouble. You are cruising for a bruising, you know that? Who's cruisin' for a bruisin'?
1. To pass quickly, as of a moving object or an interval of time: The vacation cruised by, and when I returned to work, it seemed as though I had never left.
2. To pass someone or something quickly and easily: The second-place car cruised by the leader on the final lap.
3. To visit briefly, often unexpectedly: My friend cruised by for a cup of coffee. I cruised by the office to pick up my briefcase.
See also: cruise
1. To move rapidly through something or some place: The motorcycle cruised through the tunnel.
2. To accomplish or proceed with something swiftly or energetically: We cruised through the project and went home early.
3. To read something quickly and easily: I cruised through the chapter because I was already familiar with the subject.
1. in. to travel at top speed. This old caddy can really cruise.
2. in. to drive around looking for friends or social activity. We went out cruising but didn’t see anybody.
3. tv. to pursue a member of the opposite sex. Tom was cruising Tiffany, but she got rid of him.
4. in. to move on; to leave. Time to cruise. Monty Python’s on in ten minutes.
5. in. to move through life at a comfortable pace. I’m cruising just the way I want now.
6. tv. to pass a course easily. I’m gonna cruise that math course.
cruising for a bruisingand cruisin’ for a bruisin’
in. asking for trouble. You are cruising for a bruising, you know that?
time to cruise
n. Time to leave. Time to cruise. We’re gone.