Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to crock: crook
An obvious lie. The accusation that Peter stole the money from the register is such a crock! He's the most trustworthy and honest man I've ever met.
See also: crock
be a crock of shit
rude slang To be false or ridiculous. He never came, so his promise to help us was a crock of shit! Oh, that rumor is a crock of shit.
To damage or hurt someone or something. A noun or pronoun can be used between "crock" and "up." Our fence is crocked up because our neighbor ran into it with his tractor.
crock someone or something up
Sl. to damage or harm someone or something. The accident crocked me up a bit. I really crocked up my car last night.
a crock of shitINFORMAL, VERY RUDE
If someone describes something as a crock of shit, they mean it has no value, is of very poor quality or is completely wrong. Frankly, I think the whole poem is a crock of shit. All that stuff about us splitting up, it's such a crock of shit. Note: A crock is a clay jug or storage jar.
a pot of goldBRITISH, AMERICAN or
a crock of goldBRITISH
COMMON If you talk about a pot of gold or a crock of gold, you mean a large amount of money that someone hopes to get in the future, or something that will bring them a large amount of money in the future. The business is now worth at least £100 billion a year — a pot of gold that attracts the most diverse people. The government and employers rejected the notion that there was a crock of gold in unpaid taxes. Note: You can also talk about a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow, with a similar meaning, though this suggests that you will never get the money. Ethan was sure there was a crock of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow if only he could get himself an agent.
1. n. nonsense. (From crock (of shit).) What a crock! You don’t know what you are talking about!
2. n. a drunkard. Give the old crock some money, anything to get him outa here before he barfs or something.
crock (of shit)
1. n. a mass of lies and deception worth no more than dung. (Usually objectionable.) That’s nothing but a crock of shit! I don’t believe a word of it.
2. n. a person who tells lies. (Rude and derogatory.) He’s just a crock of shit. He never tells the truth.
3. n. a braggart. (Rude and derogatory.) He’s such a crock. He makes everything he has done sound ten times better than it really is.
See crock of shit
crock someone/something up
tv. to damage or harm someone or something. I really crocked up my car last night.
What a crock!and WAC
exclam. & comp. abb. What a crock of shit!; What a lot of nonsense! Y3. WAC!
See also: what