References in periodicals archive ?
It was a fairly rocky start to begin with, because to begin with I sort of had a croaky note but that was because I had a cold.
And her St Helens home is crammed to the rafters with all things green and croaky.
Winehouse, who won an Ivor Novello award, apologised to the crowd for sounding croaky.
I rang him yesterday morning and he was really croaky," said manager Brian Havelock.
A pensioner with a comb-over and a croaky voice is wanted by police.
Redbone applies his croaky Crosby crooning charm to a well-chosen selection of Tin Pan Alley tunes, most of them little-known to anybody under the age of 70.
An unexplained lump in your neck, a sore or painful throat, a croaky voice or difficulty swallowing.
CROAKY Sharon Corr has lost her voice ahead of this week's first The Voice Of Ireland final.
AND whooped till I was croaky with Mags Barksby (above) while watching Mickey and his friends on ice at the big arena.
He said how pleased he was to be there, then paused and added - in what was not much more than a warm but slightly croaky whisper - 'it's a great game'.
Meltham GSS producer Helen Bamforth said: "Paul was a bit croaky but he managed on the Thursday night.
Despite being a bit croaky, he still managed to put on a fantastic show with soul legends such as Eddie Holman, Billy Paul, James Ingram and Peabo Bryson who sang two of his Grammy award-winning hits.
HIS silky singing voice has become croaky, and his once-divine guitar licks are on the wane.
His voice has only just mellowed and deepened enough to do the tribute justice, but through Bland hits I Wouldn't Treat A Dog and Cry Cry Cry, it was unmistakably the same unique, croaky bloke from Manchester.
It's like normal flu - swollen glands, sore throat, croaky voice, and feeling like you've been hit by a train - but this flu only affects freshers.
Idioms browser ?
- crick in neck
- cricket on the hearth
- crime does not pay
- Crime doesn't pay
- cringe away from
- cringe away from (someone or something)
- cringe before
- cringe before (someone or something)
- crinkle up
- criss-cross applesauce
- criticize (one) for (something)
- criticize for
- crock of shit
- crock someone/something up
- crock up
- crocodile tears
- crook one's elbow
- crooked as a barrel of fish hooks
- crop out
- crop up
- cross (one's) bows
- cross (one's) fingers
- cross (one's) mind
- cross (one's) palm
- cross (one's) path
Full browser ?
- Croaker fish
- Croaker fish
- Croaker fish
- Croaker Landing
- Croatan National Forest
- Croatia Airlines
- Croatia Anti-Fascist Resistance Day
- Croatia Independence Day
- Croatia Statehood Day
- Croatia Victory and Homeland Thanksgiving Day
- Croatia Zagreb
- Croatian Academic and Research Network
- Croatian Air Force
- Croatian American Charitable Foundation
- Croatian American Cultural Center
- Croatian Army
- Croatian Association for Heraldry and Vexillology
- Croatian Association for the Promotion of Patients' Rights
- Croatian Association of Computer Science in Sport
- Croatian Association of University Women
- Croatian Bible Society
- Croatian Club for International Cooperation
- Croatian Commercial Network
- Croatian Competition Agency
- Croatian Democratic Union of Bosnia and Herzegovina