References in periodicals archive ?
Avoid the BBC when the old terrorist croaks, it'll be nauseating nauseat BNP LEADER NICK GRIFFIN
The huge green frog will, hopefully, keep any croaks to itself while McPhee belts out a ballad from her forthcoming debut album as the mobile platform -- promoting a home water purification system -- makes its way through the parade route.
By switching to ultrasound, the frogs' high-pitched croaks can be heard over the low-frequency sounds of the waterfalls.
But why has Ratcliffe's been the sole voice to speak up for Newell and why have the rest of Britain's managerial fraternity felt unable to add their own croaks in favour of such a valiant crusade?
During mating season, frogs of all kinds create an almost eardrum bursting chorus of croaks and chirps.
These aren't just ordinary croaks, either, but star-quality voices you've likely heard in movies.
When, in almost a wisp of performance, vanished into a series of croaks, still confident of reality.
The frogs responded to the human croaks, allowing staff to locate them for their daily feed and regular health checks.
The frogs responded to the human croaks, allowing staff to find them for their daily feed and regular health checks.
Joao's extraordinary expressive range reached from guttural croaks to coloratura trilling, with scatting and vocalizing in between.
The sound of a laugh also varies enormously, from pig snorts, to frog croaks and bird chirps.
When an intruder croaks, small male green frogs (Rana clamitans) drop their responding croaks extra low, like genuine big guys, say Mark A.
Sherwin Nuland, currently the hot guru on how we die, barely croaks about ultimate meaning.
The raven himself is hoarse that croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan under my battlements,'' Lady Macbeth declared during last summer's production of the Scottish play.
Idioms browser ?
- cricket on the hearth
- crime does not pay
- crime doesn't pay
- cringe away from
- cringe away from (someone or something)
- cringe before
- cringe before (someone or something)
- crinkle up
- criss-cross applesauce
- criticize (one) for (something)
- criticize for
- crock of shit
- crock someone/something up
- crock up
- crocodile tears
- crook one's elbow
- crooked as a barrel of fish hooks
- crop out
- crop up
- cross (one) (up)
- cross (one's) bows
- cross (one's) fingers
- cross (one's) mind
- cross (one's) palm
Full browser ?
- Croaker fish
- Croaker fish
- Croaker fish
- Croaker Landing
- Croatan National Forest
- Croatia Airlines
- Croatia Anti-Fascist Resistance Day
- Croatia Independence Day
- Croatia Statehood Day
- Croatia Victory and Homeland Thanksgiving Day
- Croatia Zagreb
- Croatian Academic and Research Network
- Croatian Air Force
- Croatian American Charitable Foundation
- Croatian American Cultural Center
- Croatian Army
- Croatian Association for Heraldry and Vexillology
- Croatian Association for the Promotion of Patients' Rights
- Croatian Association of Computer Science in Sport
- Croatian Association of University Women
- Croatian Bible Society
- Croatian Club for International Cooperation