charged up(redirected from charged-up)
1. Literally, having a full battery. Let's take a picture with your phone—mine isn't charged up yet.
2. Excited and exuberant. The loud music kept the fans charged up during the time-out in the game.
3. Intoxicated, especially with drugs. That guy is acting so erratically that he must be charged up—did you guys see him take anything?
1. Lit. [of something such as a battery] full of electrical power. The battery is completely charged up. If the battery isn't charged, the car won't start.
2. Fig. [of someone] excited; enthusiastic. The crowd was really charged up. Tom is so tired that he cannot get charged up about anything.
excited and full of energy Tim was so charged up about tomorrow's game, he couldn't sleep.
1. mod. slightly overdosed with drugs. (Drugs.) He was talking fast and nodding his head back and forth. I think he was charged.
2. mod. drug intoxicated. (Drugs.) Paul was one charged up guy after the session.
3. mod. excited. The audience was charged up and ready for the star to come out.