Also found in: Medical.
1. Lit. [of something such as a battery] full of electrical power. The battery is completely charged up. If the battery isn't charged, the car won't start.
2. Fig. [of someone] excited; enthusiastic. The crowd was really charged up. Tom is so tired that he cannot get charged up about anything.
excited and full of energy Tim was so charged up about tomorrow's game, he couldn't sleep.
1. mod. slightly overdosed with drugs. (Drugs.) He was talking fast and nodding his head back and forth. I think he was charged.
2. mod. drug intoxicated. (Drugs.) Paul was one charged up guy after the session.
3. mod. excited. The audience was charged up and ready for the star to come out.