come unglued(redirected from came unglued)
Also found in: Dictionary.
Related to came unglued: came up
1. informal To become extremely upset or emotional. Primarily heard in US. Poor Jane really came unglued during the funeral service.
2. informal To encounter setbacks or fail altogether. Primarily heard in US. Boy, this party is really coming unglued. First, there was the issue with the caterer, and now half the guests aren't coming.
Fig. to lose emotional control; to break out into tears or laughter. When Sally heard the joke, she almost came unglued. When the bank took away my car, I came unglued and cried and cried.
1. to become very upset and lose your confidence He never showed any signs of coming unglued, even when it looked like they would lose. After Dan's death, she came unglued and was never herself again.
2. to fail A year later, the local chemical industry began to come unglued.
1. (American informal) to lose control of your emotions After Dan's death she just came unglued.
2. (American informal) if a person or something they are trying to achieve comes unglued, they have problems which cause them to fail The negotiations are showing signs of coming unglued, with new questions coming up every day. The team played well in the first half but came unglued in the second.
Also, come unstuck. See come apart at the seams.
To lose one's composure.