come together(redirected from came together)
1. Of two or more things, to meet or touch; to be joined. According to the directions, those two pieces need to come together.
2. To attend something with someone else. We're coming together so we don't have to take two cars.
3. To unite on a certain issue. What will it take to for both sides to come together to finally agree on a contract?
4. To happen or form successfully. Despite all of the last-minute chaos, the party came together splendidly. Now that I've finished my research, my term paper is really starting to come together.
come together (on something)
to discuss and agree on something. I hope we can come together on a price. I'm sure we can come together.
1. to touch together; to meet. The ends of the boards just came together. They were almost too short. We came together in the park, just as we had agreed.
2. to attend something together; to arrive at an event together. Alice and I are going to come together. We will come to the party together.