come (a)round(redirected from came round)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. To visit. Now that you're living in our neighborhood, please come around whenever you want.
2. To regain consciousness. After Lily fainted, we used smelling salts to get her to come round. The patient who'd been knocked out finally came around.
3. To take a curved or circular route. Once you come around the bend, you'll be able to see the city in the distance.
4. To avoid something. I came around the block to avoid the house with the scary dog.
5. To happen or occur, typically regularly. I've been saving for months, with the goal of buying a car by the time my next birthday comes around.
6. To change one's position or view on something. He'll never come around to our side now that you've insulted him! What caused you to come round to our way of thinking?
See also: come