call upon(redirected from call upon you)
call upon (someone)
1. To choose, request, obligate, order, or demand someone to do something. Yesterday the president called upon world leaders everywhere to promote open and fair trade between countries. He was called upon to give testimony in court.
2. To visit someone. I went to the East Coast last week to call upon my aunt.
1. To order or require someone to do something: I call upon you to tell the truth.
2. To make a demand or a series of demands on something: Social institutions are often called upon to assist the poor.
3. To visit someone: I called upon an old friend when I was in New York.
4. To make use of some resource; draw on something: I knew the task would call upon my every resource.