bust (one)(redirected from bust them)
To arrest one for an illegal act. The police busted us for underage drinking.
See also: bust
(one's) ass (to do something) and break one's balls to do something; bust one's butt to do something; bust one's nuts to do something Sl. to work very hard to do something. (The expressions with balls and nuts are said typically, but not necessarily, of a male. Potentially offensive. Use only with discretion.) I've been busting my nuts to get this thing done on time, and now they don't want it! The new boss expects you to bust your nuts every minute you are at work at the warehouse.
(someone's) balls Go to break (someone's) balls.
(someone's) stones Go to break (someone's) balls.
bust someone one
Sl. to punch someone; to give someone a punch, probably in the face. (Bust is a nonstandard form of burst meaning 'hit' here.) You better shut up, or I'll bust you one! You want me to bust you one? I will if you do that again.
1. n. a failure. The whole project was a bust from the beginning.
2. tv. to reduce someone’s rank. (Originally military, now also in civilian use as with the police.) The brass busted her on the spot.
3. n. a riotous drinking party. There was a big bust in the park until two in the morning.
4. n. a raid by the police. I knew it was a bust the minute they broke in the door.
5. tv. [for the police] to raid a place. The bacon busted Bill’s bar and put Bill in the slammer.
6. tv. to arrest someone. The feds finally busted Frank on a tax rap.
7. n. an arrest. The bust was carried off without much stress.
8. tv. to inform on someone, leading to an arrest. Tom busted Sam because there’s bad blood between them.
9. n. the police. Here comes the bust. Beat it!
10. Go to busted.
bust (one's)ass/balls/butt Vulgar Slang
To make a strenuous effort; work very hard.