bust (one's) chops(redirected from bust my chops)
bust (one's) chops
1. (acting upon oneself) To exert a significant amount of energy or work very hard to do, accomplish, or complete something. I've been busting my chops all night long to get this presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting. She's going to have to bust her chops if she wants a place on the varsity team.
2. (acting upon someone else) To harass, nag, or upbraid someone to do, accomplish, or complete something. The boss is busting everyone's chops to get the project ready by next week. Quit busting my chops! I'll get it done eventually!
bust someone's chopsAMERICAN, INFORMAL
If you bust someone's chops, you tease them or criticize them for something. His friends bust his chops about being voted the `best-dressed man'. This is not a good time to bust his chops about his poor communication skills.
bust (someone's) chops
1. To scold or insult someone.
2. To disappoint or defeat someone.
3. To hold a building contractor to the letter of an agreement.