Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A woman who is exclusively or primarily attracted to those who wear a badge on the job, such as policemen or firemen. There is one woman who seems to appear whenever I am out on duty; I think she's a bit of a badge bunny.
A waitress or hostess at a club, bar, or restaurant who wears sexually suggestive clothing with accessories resembling that of a bunny (for instance, rabbit-shaped ears and a fluffy cotton tail). It's degrading having to work as a bunny girl to pay for college, but it will be worth it once I have my degree.
1. noun A short hop or jump made from a slightly crouched position, likened to the hop of a rabbit. He looks absolutely ridiculous doing those bunny hops on the dance floor.
2. noun A short, jerky movement forward in a vehicle. I almost stalled the car during my driving test, but after a little bunny hop, I was able to keep the car moving.
3. noun A small jump executed on a bicycle while standing on the pedals. Kids like to go to the vacant lot to practice their bunny hops.
4. noun An obstacle on a mountain bike or other cycling course that is cleared by jumping over it without dismounting. He fell on the first bunny hop. I don't think he's cut out for professional racing.
5. noun A minute jump made by a figure skater to gain speed during or before a maneuver. After a quick bunny hop, the skater proceeded to execute a stunning triple axel.
6. verb To hop or jump forward from a slightly crouched position, likened to the hop of a rabbit. He looks absolutely ridiculous bunny hopping like that on the dance floor.
7. verb Of or in a vehicle, to move jerkily forward a short distance. I almost stalled the car during my driving test, but it just bunny hopped a bit, and I was able to keep the car moving.
8. verb On a bicycle, to hop or jump into the air while standing on the pedals. Kids like to go to the vacant lot to practice bunny hopping.
9. verb To clear an obstacle on a mountain bike or other cycling course by jumping over it without dismounting. He fell after his first attempt to bunny hop. I don't think he's cut out for professional racing.
10. verb Of a figure skater, to execute a minute jump made so as to gain speed during or before a maneuver. After bunny hopping, the skater proceeded to execute a stunning triple axel.
1. A sweatshirt with a hood and large front pockets. The term is not used outside the province of Saskatchewan in Canada. Primarily heard in Canada. I love this bunny hug, it's so warm and comfortable.
2. A ballroom dance characterized by a syncopated, ragtime rhythm, popular in the US in the early 1900s. Primarily heard in US, South Africa. Although it's not as popular as other dances anymore, I still enjoy doing the bunny hug.
A stupid, silly, or naïve person, usually used in an affectionate or endearing (if condescending) manner. Ah, don't mind him; he's just a dumb bunny, but he is harmless. Oh, my darling! You are the sweetest dumb bunny I've ever known.
Someone who is obsessively preoccupied with maintaining or improving their physique and thus spends a large amount of time at the gym to do so. After recovering from his surgery, John spent a lot of time at the gym getting his body back into shape. Now he's turned into a total gym bunny.
(as) quick as a bunny
Incredibly quickly or speedily. Quick as a bunny, Mary finished her exam and raced out of the classroom.
A term of affection for a romantic partner or child. I'm so glad you're home, my snuggle bunny! I miss you so much when you're away on business.
A cluster of dust and dirt. It is typically associated with things that have not been recently cleaned or used. When was last time you swept in here? There are massive dust bunnies behind the couch! Ever since the accident, Jamie's poor, neglected guitar has been just sitting in the corner, collecting dust bunnies.
fuck like bunnies
vulgar slang To have several babies in a short period of time. (Rabbits are known to produce a large number of offspring very rapidly.)
dust bunnyand a dust kitten; a turkey's nest
Kg. a clump of dust and lint. She swept the dust bunnies out from under the bed. There's a huge dust kitten behind the chiffarobe. He hasn't cleaned in weeks. There are turkey's nests in every corner.
*quick as a winkand *quick as a flash; *quick as (greased) lightning; *swift as lightning
very quickly. (*Also: as ~.) As quick as a wink, the thief took the lady's purse. I'll finish this work quick as a flash. Quick as greased lightning, the thief stole my wallet.
quick like a bunny
really quick. Now's your chance. Do it! Quick like a bunny!
1. someone learning to ski. This little slope is for snow bunnies. Most of the snow bunnies come here to socialize.
2. a young, attractive female at a skiing lodge. some cute little snow bunny came over and sat beside me. This place is swarming with snow bunnies who have never even seen a ski.
A stupid person, as in She was a bit of a dumb bunny but very nice. This expression implies some toleration or endearment of the person. [c. 1920]
quick as a wink
Also, quick as a bunny or a flash . Very speedily, as in He was out of here quick as a wink, or She answered, quick as a bunny. These similes have largely replaced the earlier quick as lightning, although quick as a flash no doubt alludes to it (also see like greased lightning), and quick as thought, now obsolete. The bunny variant dates from the mid-1800s, the others from the late 1800s.
not a happy bunnyBRITISH, INFORMAL
If you say that someone is not a happy bunny, you mean that they are annoyed or unhappy about something. I am receiving around 1,000 virus emails a day. I am not a happy bunny. Note: This expression is used humorously. Note: `Bunny' is a childish word for a rabbit, and the expression is meant to sound like part of a children's story.
n. a young woman who frequents beaches. This little beach bunny bounced up and offered to put lotion on me.
1. n. a young female who will copulate with any male. Willy says he’s looking for a nice warm bed-bunny.
2. n. a female who enjoys sex immensely. Wanda turned out to be a hot bed-bunny even though she had seemed sort of dull.
n. the (covered) female breasts. He couldn’t keep his eyes off her busy little blouse bunnies.
n. a female lover. All you want is a cuddle bunny with big tits! Grow up, Maxwell Wilson!
n. a stupid person; an oaf. Who’s the dumb bunny in the double-knits?
fuck bunnyand FB
n. someone who just loves to copulate. (Usually a female. Taboo. Usually objectionable.) She’s a real fuck bunny, isn’t she?
hockey-whoreand puck bunny
n. a kind of groupie that follows hockey players. (Puck bunny is a play on fuck bunny.) She doesn’t like the game, she’s just a hockey-whore. Just a cheap, skanky puck bunny, that’s her!
1. n. someone learning to ski. Most of the snow bunnies come here to socialize.
2. n. a female skier. This place is swarming with snow bunnies who have never even seen a ski.
3. n. a cocaine user. How can these suburban snow bunnies afford such big habits?