Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. noun Someone or something that is unpleasant. This rain is a real bummer—will the sun ever come out again? Stop being such a bummer!
2. noun An unpleasant experience induced by drugs. No, I don't take that stuff anymore—last time was a real bummer.
3. adjective Describing someone or something unpleasant. Oh, it was a bummer party—you didn't miss anything.
1. and bum trip n. a bad drug experience. (Drugs.) She almost didn’t get back from a bum trip. I had a real bummer on that stuff. I may quit yet.
2. n. a disagreeable thing or person. The game was a bummer you wouldn’t believe.
3. mod. disappointing; unpleasant. I had a real bummer day.