blow (one's) mind(redirected from blow his mind)
blow (one's) mind
To extremely impress, overwhelm, or excite one. The show of support from everyone just blew my mind. I had really low expectations for that movie, but it totally blew my mind.
blow someone's mind
1. Sl. to disturb or distract; to destroy the function of one's brain. It was a terrible experience. It nearly blew my mind. She blew her mind on drugs.
2. Sl. to overwhelm someone; to excite someone. It was so beautiful, it nearly blew my mind. The loud guitar music was so wild. It blew my mind.
blow one's mind
1. Surprise, shock, or amaze one, as in This jazz group blows my mind, or Joe served a jail sentence? That blows my mind. This term is used rather loosely, as seen in the examples; the first signifies amazement and pleasure, the second shock and dismay. [Slang; 1960s]
2. Alter one's perceptions, especially through drug use, as in Taking LSD really blows one's mind. [Slang; 1960s]
3. Make insane, drive crazy, as in Was it his wife's death that blew his mind? or Losing her savings blew her mind. [1960s]
blow your mindINFORMAL
COMMON If something blows your mind, you find it extremely exciting and impressive. I saw her show in Manchester and it just blew my mind. Oxford really blew his mind. He loved the feeling of the place, he loved the people. Note: You can also say that something is mind-blowing. Falling in love like that is a mind-blowing experience. There are over a thousand paintings, sculptures and other works from the period and it all adds up to a mind-blowing visual experience. Note: This expression originated in the 1960s and was originally used to refer to the experience of taking drugs such as LSD.
blow someone's mindaffect someone very strongly. informal
Blow someone's mind was originally a mid 20th-century expression for the effect of hallucinatory drugs such as LSD.
blow your/somebody’s ˈmind(informal) make you/somebody feel extreme pleasure, excitement, etc: This new game will blow your mind! ▶ ˈmind-blowing adj.: We were stunned by the mind-blowing beauty of the landscape.
blow (one's) mindSlang
To affect with intense emotion, such as amazement, excitement, or shock.