big time(redirected from big-timer)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
a lot He owes her big time for all the favors she's done for him. I got screwed big time when I signed that agreement.
very much He really owes her big time for everything she has done for him. The school was into discipline big time.
1. An enjoyable or exciting time, as in The children came home exhausted but happy; they really had a big time at the circus. [Mid-1800s]
2. The highest or most important level in any enterprise, as in I knew that when I made it through the last audition, I was finally in the big time. [Colloquial; c. 1900] Also see big league.
1. n. the high level of success. I’ve finally reached the big time!
2. and big-time mod. outstanding; extravagant. This is one of your real big-time stars.
3. and big-time mod. felonious. (Underworld.) Frank is into big-time stuff now.