1. To be located above something: The lamp is over the desk.
2. To be on the other side of something: My grandparents' house is over the river.
3. To have come to an end; be finished: When the movie was over, we went to bed.
4. To have recovered emotionally from something: It was a terrible year, but I am finally over it.
5. be over with To have finished doing or experiencing something, especially something unpleasant: I'm not over with my homework yet.
6. be over with To be finished; have passed or been experienced. Used especially of unpleasant things: Now that my dental surgery is over with, I can stop worrying and get some rest.