Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A name for a four-stroke (or four-cycle) engine, as is found in many cars. I need to get my four-banger tuned up one of these days.
1. A sausage. Primarily heard in the UK. We're going to have bangers and mash for dinner tonight.
2. The front bumper on a car or other vehicle. My banger got messed up in the accident, but luckily, the rest of my car is OK.
3. slang A hypodermic syringe, as used to inject illegal drugs. In that seedy part of town, you're liable to find bangers discarded by junkies on the sidewalk.
1. vulgar slang One of several people who engage in sexual intercourse with one person, either at once or in succession.
2. vulgar slang Someone who rapes a person with several other perpetrators; someone who perpetrates a gang rape. This usage is often considered inappropriate due to likening an instance of rape with a consensual act.
3. slang Someone who participates in the activities of a gang, typically violent crime; a gang member. The shooting is thought to have been perpetrated by rival gangbangers.
n. a four-cycle engine. (see also banger.) Your 4-banger shouldn’t be so loud. How’s the muffler?
1. n. the front bumper of a vehicle. (see also 4-banger.) Other than a dent or two in the banger, this buggy’s okay.
2. n. a hypodermic syringe. (Drugs.) Jed dropped his banger and really panicked when it broke.
n. a member of a street gang. The gangbangers threatened the old lady too often, and finally she pulled out a can of mace and gave them a little lesson in good manners.