baby(redirected from babying)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. n. a lover; one’s sweetheart. (Also a term of address.) Come over here and kiss me, baby.
2. n. a term of address for a friend or pal of either sex. Come on, baby, push this thing—hard!
3. n. a thing; a gadget; a machine, such as a car. (Similar to sucker.) Hand me that baby with the sharp point, will you?
4. n. a project thought of as an offspring. (Always with a possessor.) Whose baby is the Johnson account?
- (as) smooth as a baby's bottom
- baby bear
- baby blues
- baby boomer
- baby bump
- baby fat
- baby gangsta
- Baby it’s cold outside
- baby killer
- baby up
- bald as a coot
- be left holding the baby
- be like taking candy from a baby
- be someone's baby
- black babies
- bottle baby
- cry like a baby
- don't throw the baby out with the bathwater
- floppy baby syndrome
- food baby
- jelly babies
- Keep the faith baby!
- leave (someone) holding the baby
- leave holding the bag
- like taking candy from a baby
- look babies in the eyes
- make (the) baby Jesus cry
- make drain babies
- sleep like a baby
- sleep like a log
- soft as a baby's bottom
- the baby needs shoes
- throw out the baby with the bath water
- throw out the baby with the bathwater
- throw the baby out with the bath
- throw the baby out with the bath water
- throw the baby out with the bathwater
- weak as a baby
- wet the baby's head