Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to as such: thesaurus
1. In its current manner. Do you like this version as such, or should I make revisions?
2. Exactly. I didn't get an A as such, but I still did really well in that class!
in the way something is; as someone or something is. I cannot accept your manuscript as such. It needs revisions. You are new to this job, and as such, I will have to train you.
1. being exactly what is mentioned or suggested There's no dining room as such, but we've made a dining area just outside the kitchen.
2. considered alone or by itself The size of their family as such is not a factor in our decision to give them financial aid.
1. In itself, as in The job as such was easy, but required a lot of time. [Mid-1600s]
2. In that capacity, as in In the director's absence the assistants, as such, were in charge. [c. 1700]