wipe(redirected from Wipeing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
wipe someone or something (off) (with something)
to clean someone or something by wiping with something. Tony wiped the baby off with a soft cloth. Jane wiped off the counter with a rag. Tom fell in the mud and asked Ralph to wipe him off.
wipe something (off) (on something)
to remove something by wiping it on something else. Don't wipe your feet off on the carpet. Don't wipe off your feet on the carpet, wipe them on the mat.
n. a murder; a killing. (see also wipe out.) The victim of the latest mob wipe was hauled out of the river this morning.
- clean slate
- mop the floor up with someone
- mop up the floor with
- settle a score
- wipe (one's) slate clean
- wipe (someone's) eye
- wipe away
- wipe down
- Wipe it off!
- wipe off
- wipe off the face of the earth
- wipe off the map
- wipe out
- wipe slate clean and wipe the slate clean
- wipe someone out
- wipe someone's eye
- wipe something off the face of the earth
- wipe something off the map
- wipe something out
- wipe the floor up with
- wipe the floor up with someone
- wipe the floor with
- wipe the floor with (someone)
- wipe the floor with somebody
- wipe the floor with someone
- wipe the slate clean
- wipe the smile off (one's) face
- wipe the smile off someone's face
- wipe the/that smile, grin, etc. off your/somebody's face
- wipe up
- wiped out
- wiped over