punk(redirected from Punked)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Sl. to chicken out (of something); to withdraw from something in cowardice. He was supposed to ask her out, but he punked out at the last minute. Come on! Stick with it! Don't punk out!
n. falsely stylish. Isn’t all punk really plastic punk?
1. and punk kid n. an inexperienced boy or youth. (Derogatory. Also a term of address.) Ask that punk kid to come over here.
2. n. a petty (male) hoodlum; a (male) juvenile delinquent. The jails are packed with crooks who were just punks a few years ago.
3. mod. poor; dull and inferior. The party turned punk, and we left.
4. mod. having to do with punkers or their music. This music sounds too punk for me.
1. in. to chicken out. He was supposed to ask her out, but he punked out at the last minute.
2. in. to become a punker. If my kids ever punked out and looked like that, I think I’d clobber them.