per(redirected from PERS)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
In accordance with. Charlie stood me up tonight, as per usual. Please pay your rent on time, as per the terms of the lease.
See also: per
as per usual
As typically happens; as is usually the case. As per usual, my boyfriend didn't call me like he said he would. I'll be eating lunch outside on the picnic table, as per usual.
a hangover. (*Typically: get ~; have ~; give someone ~.) Oh, man, that booze gave me a big head! Tom has a head this morning and won't be coming into work.
(a) headand per head
[for] a person; [for] an individual. How much do you charge per head for dinner? It costs four dollars a head.
for each person in a country or area France and Germany both invest more per capita in public transport than Britain.
See also: per
1. n. a headache. Music that loud gives me a head.
2. and a head n. a hangover. (Always with a in this sense.) How do you get rid of a head so you can go to work?
3. n. a toilet; a restroom. (Originally nautical. Usually with the.) Ralph is in the head. He’ll be back in a minute.
4. n. a member of the drug culture; a hippie or a person who drops out of mainstream society because of drug use. (From the 1960s and 1970s.) You still see a few heads around, even today.
5. n. a smart person; an intellectual person. I’m no head, but I am sure you made a mistake in your addition.